Legal business development is changing. This development is due to clients’ global access to attorneys. Current trends show clients have changed how they interact with lawyers. This has prompted lawyers to pursue innovative firm-building tactics. How do law firms compete in today’s environment? For example, how would an Austin personal injury lawyer compete in these challenging conditions? Some key points:
- People prefer specialists to generalists
- Online development is vital, but you must also have an offline approach
- Competence and service are insufficient
- Effectively competing law companies require a corporate expansion plan
It is certain that law firms who alter their strategy to current market conditions and follow our recommendations will see unmatched growth in 2022 and beyond.
Here are the top five methods law business owners should use in 2022.
Fully Define and Calculate ROI
Legal practitioners can’t determine the return on investment of each business development endeavor in their practice.
Change is needed. ROI isn’t only monetary. You must adjust methods based on these measures since they highlight what works and what doesn’t. You’ll increase successful methods and cease low-return business growth endeavors.
Know your stats to grow your practice. Your law practice’s ROI on company development is significant.
Business development ROI-savvy lawyers have a huge edge over others. Understanding the stories behind your ROI metrics might be key to long-term business success.
Make Your Practice Client-Focused
Client-focused legal companies aren’t new. Years ago, forward-thinking attorneys used this strategy.
A client-focused legal company puts clients first. This exceeds your legal deliverable: Being client-centered involves putting yourself in your client’s position and thinking through how to create a pleasant client experience in an effective way for your company.
As a lawyer, you assist clients to address legal issues quickly and affordably. A client-centered approach helps. Building trust with customers may help you collect the information you need, develop a solid working relationship, and leave them happy and eager to recommend other clients once their case is finished. Here are some client-focused law firm tips:
- Clarify. You should clarify legal topics so clients can grasp their difficulties and the legislation.
- Explain. When working with a client, you should explain the legal procedure.
- Onboard. Every attorney should have a standard (and amendable) client-onboarding procedure. Fees, office hours, expectations, and client duties should be written.
- Emphasize. When juggling many cases, it’s hard to listen to clients. Lawyers who are empathic are more likely to solve problems and calm worried clients. And that’s beneficial for a client-focused legal firm’s bottom line.
Marketing, Marketing, Marketing
Marketing helps law firms recruit new clients. Law firm marketing plans include offline and digital commercials, SEO, podcasts, and blogging. Your marketing approach can involve automated law firm marketing technologies. No matter how you do it, marketing your company may be time-consuming.
Investing time and money in law firm marketing so you can focus on practicing law and running your practice may be tough. Determining which strategies are most beneficial for your marketing goals is crucial.
Marketing tips and tricks
- Create a compelling positioning statement for consumers and prospects
- Make your website user-friendly and multilingual
- Create creative website content and share it with customers
- Use keywords and tactics to boost your company’s SEO
- Post frequent material on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, that you think your clients use
- Set key performance indicators and monitor your marketing efforts
Find New Opportunities by Networking
Many of your connections are eager to compensate you for sharing your expertise, experience, and ideas. Many attorneys have confirmed this in recent years.
Face-to-face interactions can also produce leads. In addition to digital marketing, develop your practice in an old-fashioned manner.
Purchase and Leverage Legal Tech
Innovative legal technology helps law firms boost efficiency and accuracy, improving processes and generating new revenue. Legal technology solutions may enhance productivity and create incomparable competitive advantages by improving legal issue administration, reporting, tasks, contract lifecycle management, and automating workflow. The trick is to identify your needs and invest in the right equipment. Below are legal tech must-haves:
- Remote case management, time tracking, invoicing, and accounting should be supported.
- Creating, tracking, and eSigning online contracts is easy. It eliminates bids and contracts.
- Collaboration on documents allows you to effortlessly write, modify, review, and monitor changes.
- A multi-channel platform for Android, iOS, and Windows phones, tablets, and PCs.
- Supports workflow and task automation to collaborate on projects and keep team members updated through email.
- Performance-driven reporting. Share time monitoring and workflow data.
- Provides a secure platform for collaborating with clients, sharing papers, and searching for information.
By understanding how legal services compete with one another and the tools successful firms utilize to reach the most clients, you can help your firm level up.